The Building News of April 1870 reported that “a new parsonage house is in course of construction…Messrs Cunliffe and Freeman, of Bolton, are the architects”. Pevsner describes it as “of 1875; red brick in garden bond, with blue banding”.
It later became a combined police station and council office. It was sold by the council in 2012 and converted into flats. It was named Freeman House in recognition of the architect.
Building News 18, 29 April 1870, p.331
Pevsner; Lancashire: Manchester and the South-East, 2004