Richard Knill Freeman
Original school 1839; Freeman’s additions 1888; listed Grade II; in conservation area; used as community hall
The original school has the date 1839 on a plaque. There is an 1888 date on Freeman’s extension at the rear. There are also buildings around the church dated 1888 which are also probably by Freeman.
This shows the rear of the 1839 school with Freeman’s 1888 addition on the left
Left: The Freeman extension is on the left and the original 1839 building on the right. The patterning of the stone, which also occurs on the church, has been replicated.