This was reported in the Manchester Guardian in October 1895: “The following resolution was unanimously passed at the last meeting of the Manchester Diocesan Committee of the Waifs and Strays Society: “That the hon. Architect, Mr Freeman, be requested to prepare plans for a certified industrial school to be built on part of the ground adjacent to the Audenshaw home, such plans to show accommodation for 40 girls, with provision for future enlargement.”
The related children’s home was established in 1893 and was extended in 1897. It is not thought that the school was built.
Reference Manchester Guardian 22 October 1895 page 9 - Ecclesiastical Intelligence