The Building News of 29 October 1869 reported: “A new co-operative hall and stores were opened on Saturday week at Little Lever. The hall is 60ft. by 35ft., and there are also reading and club rooms. Messrs. Cunliffe and Freeman, of Wood-street, Bolton, are the architects, and the work has been carried out by Mr. Silas Seddon, contractor, of Little Lever. The cost was £2,000.”
The building was at the corner of High Street and Lord Street. It was a store with a hall above. The single storey building now on the site appears to incorporate the ground floor of the old building with its elaborate stone entrance.
Building News 29 October 1869 page 329 (Thanks to Neil Darlington)