There are plans of a proposed extension to Whitebank from 1871. The elevation plans are signed by George Cunliffe but the floor plans are signed by Cunliffe and Freeman. The extension was in a style similar to the existing building. There is also correspondence between the owner of the house, John Haslam, in 1878 about the erection of stables. Haslam was the manager of the muslin department of Ormrod and Hardcastle, both of whom were clients of Freeman. The house was demolished after 1940 and is now Haslam Park.