The church was built in 1884 to a design by Henry Ross of Accrington and the tower added in 1911 (probably by Paley and Austin, according to Pevsner). The RIBA list for Freeman includes “Vestries, pulpit, etc.” This is a bit of a puzzle as the vestries, according to church records, are both post-1927 with the north vestry extended in 1991. The pulpit of 1902 remains. The timber-framed porch, surprisingly, is part of the original design.
Thanks to John Aizlewood for access to the church and records