Richard Knill Freeman
Built 1840; listed grade II; in use as church
Freeman carried out various works here in 1888: extension of the chancel, installation of the reredos and reseating.
The reredos is described by Pevsner as “alabaster, Renaissance style, extending over almost the whole E wall.”
In May 1890, Freeman showed 70 members of the Lancashire and Cheshire antiquarian society around the church (followed by tea at the Chetham Arms!).
Transactions of the Lancashire and Cheshire Antiquarian society, 1890, p.129
Pevsner; Lancashire: North, 2009
St Anne’s church