This parish church was built in 1836 and enlarged by Ewan Christian in 1873-74. Either Richard or Frank Freeman added vestries and the pulpit in 1902; correspondence in the Lancashire archives about day-to-day issues with the project appear to have Frank’s signature.
The vestries used to have three rainwater heads dated 1902. Two of these were replaced in 2015 although one at the rear remains. There are two vestries: a choir vestry and vicar’s vestry.
Knill Freeman designed the pulpit in 1886 which was completed by Earps for Palm Sunday, 1886.
Left: The pulpit of 1886
Above: The vestries of 1902
Right: The 1902 date on rainwater hopper (replaced 2015)
Correspondence from Knill Freeman in Lancashire archives, Preston