Richard Knill Freeman

Bolton architect






Home Life Buildings Related architects Features Contact
search this site the web
search engine by freefind
Buildings Buildings by type Churches - alterations St Thomas and St John, Radcliffe

St Thomas and St John, Radcliffe

Listed Grade II; in use as church

The church was designed by William Walker of Manchester in 1864. Cunliffe and Freeman added the tower. According to Pevsner, “the admirable tower was completed in 1871-2 by Cunliffe & Freeman. It is solidly built up to the clock stage, but the belfry is a light cage.”



Sources

Pevsner; Lancashire: Manchester and the South-East, 2004


Links

St Thomas and St John with St Philip



Left: The tower

© Copyright David Dixon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence