Richard Knill Freeman
Built 1887; listed grade II in use as a community centre
He designed both this school and the adjoining church (now demolished).
Pevsner misidentifies the architect of both buildings: “perhaps by W R Sharpe who did the demolished Wesleyan Church here, Gothic, with a tower surmounted by a timbered lantern, gabled to the r. with big churchy windows.”
Manchester Times, 2 April 1887 >>>
Postcard of church and school