This chapel replaced one built in 1810. The original intention was to alter and enlarge it, but it was demolished in 1869. The cornerstone of the new building was laid in May 1869. The new chapel was completed in 1870 and seated 800. It was demolished in 1975.
Wesleyan Methodism in Bagslate; Bagslate Wesleyan chapel, 1810-1910: A centenary souvenir
Thanks to Neil Darlington for identifying this as a Cunliffe and Freeman building