Richard Knill Freeman
Built 1897; demolished 2008
The church was open and active until 2001 but was declared redundant in October 2004. It has been replaced by undistinguished housing.
The Journal of November 4 1927 reported that the church was built in two stages. This may explain why some sources incorrectly give the date of the church as 1909 which is when it was consecrated.
Left: The church shortly before demolition
Building News 73, 17 September 1897, p.420
Left: view from south showing many of Freeman’s characteristic architectural features