Bradley served his articles with Frank R Freeman and attended Manchester University School of Architecture. He served in France in the First World War. He later set up practice himself in Albany Buildings, Knowsley Street, Bolton. After the second world war he worked for the Ministry of Defence and his offices were in Acresfield and later in Mawdsley Street in Bolton. He also had an office in Albert Square, Manchester. He designed many cinemas and schools including Harper Green school, Farnworth, the school at Peel Park, Radcliffe (demolished) and the Crompton and Tivoli cinemas in Bolton. He became LRIBA in 1925.
The history of St Simon and St Jude’s church, Bolton states that the plans for the adjoining Church House were prepared by Wm Bradley Jnr., “a local boy who had attended the day school”. As Bradley would only have been 16 at the time, it is likely that he was a draughtsman rather than the designer.
He was a founder member of the Bolton Art Circle.
RIBA biographical file
Bolton Journal, February 3, 1967
The Parish of St Simon and St Jude; 50th anniversary, 1951