George Cunliffe of Bolton went into partnership with Freeman as Cunliffe and Freeman from 1865 to 1871 and formed a partnership with Joseph Pilling from 1880-84. He later moved to Arnside.
His buildings after leaving Freeman include Pikes Lane board school, (1875); Lostock Junction mill, (with Pilling); Egerton United Reform church (1873-4); Whitebank, Bolton (1878) and Westcombe, Victoria Road, Bolton (for the Tillotson family; with Pilling, 1881).
Buildings ascribed to Cunliffe and Freeman are dealt with under Knill Freeman’s works. These are: