The RIBA lists “Abram Parish Church. War Memorial.” as one of Frank Freeman’s works. The war memorialis a tablet inside the St John’s church. It was originally erected in the first church on the site in 1921. This church was replaced by one designed by Paley and Austin and the memorial had been specifically designed so that it could be moved to the new church, which was dedicated in 1937. A panel was added at the bottom after the second world war.