St Peter’s Halliwell established a mission church in a cottage at 2 Delph Hill in October 1902. Later, two cottages were purchased and made into one with the bedroom of one cottage remaining as a gallery. (It is not clear if these cottages were 2-4 Delph Hill or other cottages.) An extension to these cottages was planned but it is not clear if it was implemented. These premises were used until 1934 when the New Hall was built in Tattersall Avenue as part of the Johnson Fold municipal estate. The name St Peter’s Mission church, Delph Hill was used for this new building until at least 1952.
Frank Freeman’s involvement with this church is not clear, although it is more likely that he would list a new building rather than a conversion of cottage in his list of works for the RIBA. If he did design the new hall, it would have been one of his last works as he died in June 1934.
Handwritten notes by Alfred Blackburn, 1933 and later, in Halliwell local history society archives (Thanks to Margaret Koppens)